Monday, March 25, 2013

Curling up with a good book....

So I mentioned in my previous post (yes from earlier today) that we are experiencing a cold snap here in Texas before Easter.  So who wants to be outside when it's frigid?? Not me! I'd rather be curled up in front of the electric fireplace reading a good book.

I am honored to personally know a few good authors.. local ones at that!  One in particular is a very good friend of mine, Jeannie Faulkner Barber over at The Pen Temptress.  She is currently promoting her 3rd published book, a fantasy novel with co-author Bernadette Thompson Martin.

While I haven't read the fantasy book and therefore can't yet offer a review (although I'm anxiously awaiting a little free time to sit down and read it), I can tell you about her mystery novel, Taste of Fire.


Taste of Fire is about a female firefighter named Terri Neal who joined the boys' club after being inspired by her late adopted father.  This book is full of twists and turns and jaw-dropping moments with Terri seeking out her biological parents.  According to Amazon.com, "..this task will be far from mundane as it propels Terri down a path of intrigue, romance, and peril. In the innocent shadows of daylight, a lethal stalker and kidnapper lurks. Death approaches ... and someone will soon succumb to the insatiable TASTE OF FIRE!" 

It's available on Amazon.com and also you can download it on your Kindle or Nook! :)

xoxo- KS

No comments:

Post a Comment