Monday, January 24, 2011

Clean House



It has taken me a really long time to truly appreciate a clean house.  I think because I finally grew up and realized I like having people over and not be embarrassed of a house.  I live with a man who is very cluttered.. and I am normally a very cluttered person myself.  So I am trying to change myself and clean up after myself as well as after another person. 

Usually the biggest part of my cleaning happens with company is coming over.  Which was the case on Saturday.  I have to say, this is the proudest I've been of this new house (we're living in a rental).  The floors may be crappy, the paint on the walls splotchy, but dang when its clean and organized it looks great.  Things are put in their place, floors are clean from dog hair.  It's nice to come home and breath a sigh of relief that I don't have to take time after a long busy day to pick up and put away. 


Although, I honestly have to say I couldn't have done it without my friends Dyson & Shark. I just got my new Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor vacuum. I can easily go from my laminate wood to the carpet and the suction is AMAZING. Not to even mention how easy it is to empty the canister when done. It is worth every penny and then some. The Shark Steam Mop is also a lifesaver considering I hate to mop. It really gets the hard to clean spots up and does so without harsh chemicals. I'm not one of those green, enviromentally friendly people, but this is a great Green product.

Luckily my home is clean because I'm coming down with another sinus infection (so it appears).... God knew I needed that little kick in the rear so that I wouldn't worry about it when I was down.  Funny how things like that happen.. :)

~Kacy

1 comment: